2019 WAHU SYMPOSIUM
THE BARRY THOMA MEMORIAL AWARD
Each year at the annual Spring Symposium, one of the WAHU members is awarded the Barry Thoma Memorial Award. For 2017 this award was presented to Al Pierce, our EWAHU Board Member.
This is the highest award given by our State Association in recognition of furthering our business through service to the association.
The Board of Trustees of the Washington Association of Health Underwriters (WAHU) established the Barry Thoma Memorial Award to recognize those members who contribute significant amounts of time and talent to further the health insurance industry; who display the character traits and style of leadership; and who promote principals of professionalism and idealism.
The Board of Trustees has further named this award after its first recipient, Barry Thoma, RHU, who set an example for the members of the Washington Association of Health Underwriters.
1. A chapter/state president can be nominated two years after completing their term of office
2. A previous award winner may be nominated five years since receiving the award
3. Made significant contributions of time and talent to further the health insurance industry.
4. Must display the character traits and skills of leadership.
5. Promotes the principles of professional idealism.
6. Be an active member of the Washington Association of Health Underwriters.